Thursday, June 5, 2008

I've Been Inspired

Well I'm back again. I needed a birthday card for my aunt. I wanted something cool and different but I wasn't sure what the right style would be and then I saw it. I was blurffing (blog surfing) and happened to check my friend Daisy of Eclectic Paperie's blog and there they were....apron cards. Now this may sound strange, but my aunt hand sews aprons. I am fortunate enough to own several of these amazing aprons. My aunt doesn't own a sewing machine, every stitch is done by hand. So I knew this was the perfect card for her birthday. Once the card was done, I was so tickled with my creation, that I will making a few more this evening. One will definitely be going to my stampin sis Jeanna.



For this card I used My Mind's Eye DP was used for the striped front apron, and Stampin Up's Sky Blue was used for the pockets; So Saffron Classic ink was sponged on the inside with a dauber. I added a couple of pale yellow Primas and a touch of bling in the center with tiny light blue jewels.

Thanks Daisy for helping me find my inspiration!

1 comment:

Maria Williams :) said...

How sweet is that!! I'm sure your aunt will just LOVE it!!