Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How Does My Garden Grow





I am pretty excited to see the new things growing in my garden. I have added a blueberry bush to my front porch. It is so fun to be able to walk right out the front door and pick a handful of blueberries and toss them in my yogurt. Sooo fun! I had given my mom one of these bushes for Mother's Day. I wanted to give her something healthy and different, but I enjoyed her bush so much I needed one of my own. It is so cool that the bush was already loaded with green berries. They are ripening at the perfect pace; not at the same time.





My other success right now is my patio tomato plant. It's loaded too! While tomatoes are being pulled off the shelves at the local market, I am pulling them off my plant. I was able to pluck three off today so I can't wait to put them in my salad tonight. This is the best part of gardening; being able to eat the fruits of your labors.

Can you believe all of those cute little tomatoes?

The bottom left corner is my mint plant too. It is doing well. I say this because somehow last year I killed one. I know, I know it's almost impossible to kill mint, but I did. I wasn't discouraged though, I confidently returned to my Lowes garden shop and started over, and VOILA! It is growing nicely. I'll have to keep you posted on the Rosemary plant. He's still little but so far so good.

Thanks for reading my little gardening journal. I'll have stamping stuff to post tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello.

I just fell in your blog by chance. greetings from Heidelberg, Germany.

Philipp

Anonymous said...

Please feel free to visit my own blog.
www.philorama.blogspot.com
(it's in german, I'm afraid)

Anonymous said...

I love the little dress! and what a fun garden!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charmaine, very Hi
You do have a large part sense of beautifulness and you do like the nature, means you do like the Life. Therefore your choice of the colors is being amazing at all your artworks. Congartulations.
Mamdouh Tolba.