Friday, August 29, 2008

Diva Weekly Inspiration Challenge #6


Hello Bloggers,

Well my post for this week's Utah Diva's Inspiration Challenge is pretty late. I apologize, life has been pretty crazy around my house the last two days. I am getting ready for a trip and I had unexpected guests from out of town. I know you can understand the craziness going on with that. So without further adieu.... Here is my take on this week's Inspiration Challenge. I want to compliment Maria for providing us with some really challenging photos to design from. She babysits me to make sure I stay on track the best she can. I can be difficult at times. This week's inspiration picture did not disappoint. I really struggled with this one because it only used two colors. I really had to reach to come up with something for this one.




So what do you think? I used the faux wood grain technique to create this week's card. I first embossed the flowers from Heartfelt Thanks; then, with an old toothbrush (yes I cleaned it first) I brushed Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa ink across the page and then wiped the embossed flowers off. I then layered this piece onto Close to Cocoa and then on to White. Cardstock. I stamped the Thanks in White Craft ink on Close to Cocoa and the roughed up the edges to give it a little dimension. I like how this card finally turned out.

Next week I'll be away but I hope to have internet access to post my interpretation of next week's challenge image.



4 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Your card came out great!! I would have never thought about using a toothbrush - thanks for the tip!

Have a very safe trip next week!! :)

BevW said...

I like the result of this card! This was a HARD challenge and so far we're all doing great with it!
Bev

Tandra said...

Excellent take on the inspiration!!
I actually thought this was one of the easier inspirations! When I saw the Insp pic, and idea popped into my head and I went with it!!
This is great!

Michelle Tweedy said...

Very nice work. Do you have any journals coming my way soon?