Thursday, August 21, 2008

Diva Weekly Inspiration Challenge #5

Good Morning Bloggers!

Well I've made it to week number 5 of the Utah Diva International's Weekly Inspiration Challenges. I have to say I like this week's challenge the best. I absolutely love the One of a Kind stamp set. It just screams the rock-n-roll technique every time I use it. For the flower in the center I punched a Night of Navy scallop circle for the base then I stamped the flower two times; first in Night of Navy, then in Ballet Blue. I cut the outer edged Navy one out first, then I cut the center flower out in Ballet Blue and attached them with dimensionals. I added the center flower with another dimensional to really give the flower some pop. I know you can't really see the definition of the flower, but I really liked how it turned out.


I was glad I finally had a card that I could use this different shaped gate card fold on. I love this shape of this card. I have to admit, I redesigned this challenge probably four times before I arrived at my final design, but I am very pleased with it. I hope you like it too. Isn't this week's inspiration picture fabulous?


Thanks for popping in!



4 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Great shape card! Awesome layers and love the rock and roll on the background flowers!!! Thanks for playing this week!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine--this is beautiful!! Great take on the inspiration!!

UR1naBillion said...

I completely love this card, Charmaine! It fits the challenge perfectly - flower shape and colors to blend with the dress, etc.!! You did a superb job!!

Lisa G.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!