Friday, June 22, 2007

I Scream, You Scream,....



Being that it is officially summer now, I thought I would post one of my favorite birthday cards. I am so bummed that Stampin Up is retiring Simply Circles. I have to admit I wasn't Wowed by this set when we received it at convention a couple of years ago. But slowly it grew on me and since I have used it in workshops quite a bit.

I'm sorry I have no idea who to credit for this idea. I saw this idea on a display board at Stampin Up Regionals a few years back and snapped a picture of it. While looking through some of my old pictures for ideas, I stumbled upon it, and Voila! I had my new favorite summer birthday card. This card is the fastest, simplest card you can imagine. You take some Only Orange cardstock, use the small corner rounder to round all four corners. Then you punch a partial 1 3/8" circle, then add the teeth bite marks by punching partial circles with a single hole punch insde of the bigger partial circle. The craft stick, which I did not "obtain" from the doctor's office (wink, wink, nurses bribe pretty easy), and stamp on it in Only Orange ink the random dots from Simply Circles and then staple it onto the back of the card. This card does require a bigger envelope, but everyone is absolutely delighted to receive this card on their birthday.

3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a darling card! I love it!

Kristine said...

Oh, THAT'S different!! And CUTE!! :)

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, I love it!!