Sunday, June 24, 2007

And The Winner Is....

I want to say thank you to everyone who posted comments and much appreciated birthday wishes. I appreciate the feedback and comments and I will try to incorporate these suggestions into my posts. I drew a number randomly from a Starbucks cup and drew 12.

And the winner of my birthday blog candy is.... Kirsi!!!
Krisi said...
Happy Birthday! I like to see cards and altered items. And it's always great to see personality on blogs.

Krisi please email me your snail mail address and I will send out your goodies. I will post a picture of the goodies just before I mail them out.

There is significance to the use of a Starbucks cup. I am, like many, a consumer of Starbucks coffee products, and have my own little Starbucks set up in my kitchen complete with the new ceramic cups that look like the paper ones used in the cafes. I don't have a daily Starbucks habit like some that I know, but I do buy their beans (Arabian Mocha Sanani is my favorite) and brew a fresh pot daily. I do love dark roast coffee with a splash of yummy flavored cream.

Well, I have passed gracefully into another year of life. I had the privilege of volunteering my time with some of my family members at a fundraiser for our local zoo. I look forward to this event every year. It always falls around my birthday. I love that I get to help a place I love, and have loved taking my son, and look forward to taking my grandchildren sometime way, way, way, into the future. So I spent my evening at the zoo with my family.

I do have to brag about one gift I received from my mom. She knitted a shawl for me. The yarn she used was spun from alpaca fur. These animals look like small furry llamas. It is the most gorgeous rich purple color and the softest thing you can imagine. I have never felt anything this soft and cuddly. I love this even more because my mom made it for me. She told me when she gave it to me that it is a hug from her whenever I need one, I can wrap myself in it.

3 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What a sweet birthday gift! :-)

Kirsi said...

Hi! Wow, that's great news. I would email my mailing info but couldn't find your address on your blog. So, how about you emailing me tikkelperi@gmail.com

Michele Kovack said...

Kirsi won! She is such a sweetie...congrats!