Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Aren't Sisters Great?

Aren't sisters great? Stampin sisters are equally as special. this adorable hat box was sent to me as a gift from my Stampin Sister Shelly R. Let me brag a bit about Shelly. She has made me some of the cutest projects. I have shown them at workshops and received oooo's and ahhhh's over them. When I received my box this month from her my jaw fell open, I love this hat box.

For those who don't know what a Stampin Sister is let me explain. I am a member of an on-line group called Utah Diva's International. One of the activities in this group is the Stampin Sister program. It is sort of like secret pals, but you know who the other person is. The main requirement is you send your sister some Stampin Up items from her wish list and a few hand made projects. We also email one another to get to know each other better. I have had the opportunity to get to know some fabulous ladies. It has also been a great support having that one on one as I have gone through a difficult time earlier this year. Shelly has been a jem to get to know this last couple of months.

On this project Shelly used all SU products. She decoupaged designer paper from the Slumber party collection onto the hat box. She stamped and cut out two of the Big Blossom flowers and layered them on top of each other and then curled some of the petals. She added her favorite stamp set, that is unfortunately retiring, Bold Butterfly. She also stamped and cut out small flowers from the Bold Butterfly set to sprinkle them all over the top of the box. This box is so absolutely adorable!

Thank you Shelly for such a fabulous gift!

1 comment:

Corie said...

What a beautiful hat box. You are so lucky to have a stampin' sister. Love your blog, it is amazing.