Thursday, October 23, 2008

Diva Weekly Inspiration Challenge #14

WOW! I have had so many problems with Blogger today. I am sorry that my post is so late. I kept being denied access all day. But persistence finally paid off and here we are. This week Maria really issued a challenge. While this week's inspiration is beautiful to look at, it was difficult to design a project for. I always seem to struggle with the monochromatic types of challenges I need a variety of colors to work with. So I hope you enjoy my interpretation of this week's Diva Inspiration Challenge.


When I first looked at the picture I instantly thought about using the polished stone technique to achieve the watery look of the background. I love polished stone and haven't used it recently so it was fun to dig out the cotton balls and reinkers. I like to watch the way the ink floats on the glossy white cardstock and then floats into the very individual design you end up with. It is amazing how fast the alcohol evaporates and the ink dries.


For the flowers I chose the Eastern Blossoms stamp set from Stampin Up. I double inked the stamp up to get the slightly different color for the flowers. First I markered the stamp with Tempting Turquoise then I pressed the stamp into Ballet Blue and then stamped it out. I really like how the two colors combined created such a different softer version of each. For the smaller flower I sponged the edges with the Ballet Blue to give them a little pop so they would stand out from the bigger blossoms. I arranged the flowers on a circle of Tempting Turquoise so that I would keep that circular look.

I have had fun inking my fingers blue and polishing off my stones (giggle). I need to pull out some marbles now and take it to the next level. Hmmm. Maybe next week's challenge will give me the opportunity to do that. We'll have to see.
Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

great charmaine! i love the polished stone! i am going to have to try with wonderful technique!!

Anonymous said...

oooohhhhh pretty! I wanna play...we so need to learn how to do pretty stuff like this :)

Crystal H. :)

Elizabeth said...

Great card, Charmaine! I LOVE polished stone! Too funny that we both chose the same technique! Great minds think alike!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love the card!!! Hugs