Thursday, October 16, 2008

Diva Weekly Inspiration Challenge #13


Well It's Thursday again and time for another Utah Divas International Inspiration Challenge.



This week's challenge just screamed Dahlia Fold technique. I did struggle with this one and that's why my post is a bit late today. It is really hard to get the folds right without totally crumpling the 1 3/8" circles into unrecognizable flowers. After several mishaps I finally got it! Whoo Hoo!!! I have to say I really do like this technique and have really wanted to try it for a long time, so thank you Maria for providing such a great and striking photo for this week's challenge.


So???? What do you think???? I know I only recreated one bunch of the flowers, but I felt that was enough. I used my finger dauber to lightly brush the edges of front folds of my Pink Pirouette flowers with Tangerine Tango to accentuate the centers of the calla lilies. For the leaves, I ran my Artichoke through the crimper then punched them with the small oval punch and then scored them down the center and folded to get the leaves. I hand wrote the I Love You on the ribbon because I didn't have a stamp for it.

Overall I like how my card turned out this week; I hope you do too.

Thanks for stopping by and checking my work out.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to use the Dahlia fold, but have never used it like this. I am so going to have to try it. This is beautiful!!

Alicia :)

UR1NABillion said...

Awesome job, Charmaine. I may have to case this as well!!

BevW said...

LOLOL I've never heard of the Dahlia fold! I wish I had before I'd done my own! Mine stick up 1/4 of an inch.
Good job on the flowers!

Maria Williams :) said...

These are so beautiful! I've never done a dahlia fold before - you make it look so easy! (but i'm sure it's maybe not....hehehee)

GINA said...

Great card... I love the flower and how you came up with the idea how to make it look great.
Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Beautiful! Hugs