Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Return to Stamping


I haven't put rubber to paper in way too long of a time. Work has just exhausted me. So I joined a swap. I knew that would force me to sit down and start stamping again. I think the real reason I have been in a funk is not attending Stampin Up convention this year. I was not able to get a ticket to the coveted session I. I could not attend session II. Alas, I have been left to only read about the fun and excitement I missed this year. But mark my words, wild dogs will not be able to keep me away next year.
I received my inspiration for this card's design from a http://inkpad.typepad.com/from_my_ink_pad_to_yours/2007/07/not-quite-shady.html This is a blog I pop in on from time to time. She has a wonderful tutorial a technique I had not seen before, Not Quite Shady Layers. I adapted the basic idea for this card from her sample. I really love this Baroque Motifs stamp set there will be more creatons from this one. I am really happy with the way this card came out. For the swap I customized each person in the swap's card with their monogram.
For this card I used Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, and Elegant Eggplant cardstock, for ink I used Elegant Eggplant, and Purely Pomegranate; stamp sets used were canvas background, Headline Alphabet, and Baroque Motifs. I used my cutter kit to rough up the edges of my layers and for a splash of bling, I added a rhinestone brad from the ice collection. I hope everyone liked their card.

2 comments:

Rochelle W said...

How could they not like it. It is beautiful. I love your colors and the layout. Great card.

UR1NABillion said...

I absolutely LOVED this card you did for my swap!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Goodell
www.lisargood.com