Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Circle Journal



Well I finally got a moment to upload the pictures of my Circle Journal. I have chosen the theme of my journal to be "Vacation and Travel". I love to go camping and take weekend getaways so i thought this would be a great way to chronicle my adventures. I am especially excited about a trip that is being planned to Egypt in December. Egypt is one of the places I wanted to see before I die. Yes I have one of those lists tucked in a safe place. That also happened to be the theme of one of the other Circle Journals in this swap.
These pages are for the ladies contributing to my Circle Journal. Each one will complete a tag to share a bit about themselves so I know a tid bit about the contributors to my journal.

These are my first two pages. I have recently discovered paper piecing, and really like it for those times when you can't find the right stamp to get the desired look you want. For these pages I sponged Blue Bayou and Wild Wasabi on the pages to give them a background. for my tags I used the new Purely Pomegranate. I love this new color. My bag is made from Creamy Caramel, with Basic Black for the handle and strap. The buckle is from the Hodge Podge hardware, and the metal edges of my bag are the Brushed Copper. So as you can see, my bags are packed, and I am ready for this adventure.
I want to thank Michelle Tweedy for putting this fabulous idea together. I can't wait to see what my journal looks like once everyone has made their individual mark on my journal. I am as excited to see the journals as they make their way across my table.

3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Very nice! What a neat thing! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great job! oh I just got my Bella images! thanks so much! hope you get yours soon!

Rochelle W said...

Egypt is one of the places I want to see before I die too. What a great trip to plan. Very cool journal. You will fill it with lots of stuff I'm sure.