Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Polished Rolling Stone


I am so sorry I can't seem to get a clear picture. I have been trying to shoot in different environments, and with different cameras and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. when I shoot pictures of the kids or the dog they turn out clear. I will keep trying to get you better pictures. I am still posting, because I haven't posted in such a long time.
I wasn't thrilled with this card when it was a thought in my head, but I did like the way it turned out once it was done. I had signed up for a swap that used the Polished Rolling Stone technique. I also wanted to use a microscope slide since I hadn't used them in quite some time. So for the polished stone I used More Mustard, Summer Sun, and Gold on glossy cardstock. I rolled marbles in Basic Black and then rolled them over the polished stone. I used the Wrought Iron punch for the corners and the Flower is for Stampin Up's Heartfelt Thanks set. You can't see it very well but the microscope slide cracked, giving a great authentic cracked glass look.
I will try to Post a better picture of this one, because I am proud of this one. I didn't even case on this card. Which is huge for me, because a large amount of my stamping is cased with a twist.

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

I love your card. Blury or not. That background is super cool. I also love the corners. Very cool look. Oh and great colors too.