Sunday, February 14, 2010

When The Cat's Away, The Mice.....



Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out there. Just look at these adorable, yummy little creatures I found out there yesterday. These adorable mice were created by a talented lady here in my city (Toni Zamora of Sweeties Specialty Chocolate Treats) to be cupcake decorations for her chocolate Valentine cupcakes. Now the funny part of this find is that just not even five minutes earlier, my cousin was describing these cute little guys to me and that she had seen several ladies at her Friday Bible study with them going to take them as gifts to teachers and children. Then low and behold we walk into a wine and chocolate tasting event and there were the very mice she was describing to me. These yummy little guys are made from a Hershey Kiss, a chocolate dipped cherry and two almond slices for ears. Ohhh and a little candy heart on their behind. The eyes and nose are piped on in jam or black decorating jell.

The Wine and Chocolate tasting tour was hosted by several of our local wineries. My cousin partook of the wine and I overdosed on the chocolate. There two different chocolate fountains with lots to dip; what was a girl to do? Ohhhh and did I mention the amazing toffee samples? Man did I pay for it later last night with a tummy ache though. Will I do it again, probably so. What can I say, I have a weakness for all things sweet and especially all things chocolate.

Don't forget to spoil the ones you love and that includes yourself.

1 comment:

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Okay, these are super cute...Chocolate and Wine Tour, sign me up!!!! What a fun idea, and yummy.