Monday, January 25, 2010

I'mmmmmm Baaaaack!!!


Hello Fellow Bloggers!
Boy have I missed blogging and crafting. I recently hosted my first workshop. I haven't crafted or held any workshops in months. Somehow I got lost along the way, but I am back and ready to start making projects for my second most favorite holiday of the year.... Valentine's Day. Next to Christmas it is my next happiest day. I will start crafting and posting again.
In my time away I have been rediscovering my love for baking and some of my other crafts that don't have anything to do with paper. I hope you will indulge me as I share some of these other projects with you as we go along.
You may recognize this card project as an adaptation of a card published in the January 2010 Stampin' Discuss. I changed a few things to fit the supplies that I had on hand and was able to make this card work for workshop.
I used the In Full Bloom stamp set and stamped Pretty in Pink classic ink on Pretty in Pink cardstock. My ribbon accent is also Pretty in Pink satin ribbon; with the scallop edge punch I punched a small strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock and layered it on Rose Red. The flower was stamped in Basic Brown ink so that I could watercolor in the flowers with Rose Red ink and my aqua painter. The bee was stamped in Chocolate Chip and then stamped again without reinking so I was able to get a lighter look then I also used the Pretty in Pink again with the bee.
I really like how this card turned out with my modifications. I just might make a few more for my card box.
Check back soon to see what other projects I will be making to get into the spirit of Valentine's Day.
Happy Crafting!
Oh....and isn't this little binder clip holder too cute??

1 comment:

Maxine Conrad said...

I have missed your creations! I have missed YOU dear friend :) x